10 January 2010

Adelaide

I visited my old lab at the veterans hospital and had some time to kill so I wandered over to the second hand shop. It's run by a lovely but cantankerous gang of elderly ladies. The shop was closed for the holidays but I spotted this gem a sign on the window.

It raises so many fascinating questions: How do they know who stole it? Why can't they just get it back? Why won't they prosecute? Is $60 the average price for a mid-range wheelbarrow or are they attempting to upgrade? It has the makings of a thrilling episode of a British village crime show.

We went to McLaren Vale, 45 min from Adelaide and enjoyed getting reacquainted with delicious Australian wine and gorgeous vineyard views.


We've also been getting reacquainted with the burning heat of South Australia and the beaches. At 5pm the sun was still strong enough to give me a solid sunburn.

Brighton beach welcomed me home with a jellyfish sting for old time's sake. It's not that impressive looking (by the time I took this photo you could only see a faint red line) but it stung for a few hours and made me feel vital and reconnected with my wild and dangerous native land.

No comments:

Post a Comment